ASCP is creating a high impact meeting for evolving professionals through a diverse combination of sessions and faculty. ASCP 2013 Chicago will address current trends in pathology and laboratory medicine while looking beyond the lab to give you new perspectives on the real-world applications of laboratory medicine and pathology around the globe.
Friday, Sept 20. | 2:15PM—3:05PM
Peter Humphrey, MD, PhD, FASCP
Dr. Humphrey is surgical pathologist-in-chief at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and division head for anatomic and molecular pathology at Washington University School of Medicine both located in St. Louis.
- Primary research focus is on urologic malignancies, specifically on prostate adenocarcinoma
- Associate editor for the American Journal of Clinical Pathology.
Friday, Sept 20. | 3:15PM—4:05PM
Patricia Ellinger, MSEd, MASCP, MLS(ASC)CMSSBCM
Ms. Ellinger's lecture titled, "Our Unexpected Journeys Beyond the
Lab," will highlight her belief that lab professionals should get out of
their comfort zones to share their talents with their communities and
- Served as Chair of the ASCP Associate Members Section (now
Laboratory Professionals Council) during her 35 years as an ASCP
- Has traveled to sub-Saharan Africa eight times as a consultant through ASCP's participation with PEPFAR
Friday, Sept 20. | 4:15PM—5:05PM
Barbara J. McKenna, MD, FASCP
Dr. McKenna served as ASCP President from 2008 to 2009. Her lecture is titled, "The Pathology
of Bliss: Searching for the Happiest Place to Work," and will focus on identifying the components, both positive and negative, that affect job satisfaction.
- Recipient of the ASCP President's Award in 2011
- Strong advocate for increasing the visiblity of pathology and laboratory medicine
- Former Co-director of the Resident Review Committee and Chair of the RISE Committee
Explore our Meeting-At-A-Glance and use our Session Finder to find out more about all the education and events available at the 2013 ASCP Annual Meeting.
View Accreditation Information