ASCP partners with Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics annually to award scholarships to medical laboratory students. The purpose of these scholarships is to help defray education costs, promote medical laboratory science as a rewarding career, and to help address the workforce shortage of qualified professionals.
Qualified applicants will be evaluated on:
Knowledge – Students who excel and have a positive impact in the classroom.
Community – Students must be driven by a sense of civic commitment and actively engage in their communities to affect positive change.
Leadership – Students who showcase leadership abilities that have a positive impact in laboratory community.
Career Advancement – Students who strive to attain their educational and professional goals.
Click here for more information: www.ascp.org/scholarships.
Achievement deserves recognition. In an effort to encourage and support individuals interested in laboratory professions, the ASCP is pleased to offer awards to laboratory students in their fourth or final clinical year of study.
Awarded annually and based on academic achievement, leadership ability, community activities, professional goals, and endorsements from faculty and community leaders, ASCP awards are among the most highly sought-after in the industry. Those who qualify for the awards will receive certificates from ASCP.
National Student Honor Award
This award recognizes student excellence in the laboratory professions. To qualify for the award, applicants must:
- Be a student member of ASCP;
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale; and
- Demonstrate leadership and community service activity participation.
To qualify, the students must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be in the final clinical year of an accredited MLS/MT, MLT, PA, CT, HTL, MB, or CG program;
- Be completing a clinical internship for an accredited MLS/MT; or CT program;
- Be enrolled in an accredited hospital-based MLS/MT program; or
- Be enrolled in an accredited PBT or HT program.
The National Student Honor Award application is available at www.ascp.org/NSHA.
ASCP recognizes excellence through prestigious annual awards given to pathologists and laboratory professionals.
For more information or to nominate someone for the awards below, click here
- ASCP Mastership
- Member Lifetime Achievement Award
- Member Excellence in Management Award
- Member Excellence in Education Award
- Regional Member Award
Meet the 2013 Award Recipients